Friday 1 October 2010

My Emma bear finished

Well late last night I finally finished my bear made from the free pattern by Emma of Emma's Bears and she has turned out lovely. I used a thick pale blue acrylic fur and wool felt for the pads and inner ears. I needle felted flowers on her foot pads and embroidered around them to define. She has quite a lot of glass beads inside her for weight - I like my bears to be heavy! She has glass eyes and a dark grey embroidered nose (Im not too good at embroidering noses). I have named this bear Emma after her designer. Hope you like her!
She is my 26th bear I have made since 2008 when I started my bear making adventure. Most of my bears I have either made for myself or to give as gifts and a few I have sold at our African Violet Society show - 2010 show is Oct 16 and 17 at the Auditorium Brisbane Botanic Gardens - Mt Coot-tha Brisbane.

No comments:

Post a Comment